Technical leadership role for all aspects of developing a new flagship product; this includes the Electrical/Electronic, Software and Mechanical aspects. Matrix structure responsibility for project resources, planning and NPD/I process adherence. System level responsibility to manage and perform technical activities. Working as a member of the engineering management team, the role has significant responsibility on the achievement of the engineering and overall company long term objectives.
KEY BACKGROUND, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject.
• Chartered Engineer through membership of a recognised institution.
• Post-graduate qualification preferred (MSc, MBA, PhD etc.)
• Very strong background in at least one core technical area (turbomachines, electrical machines, power electronics, others considered).
• Experience in legal and regulatory compliance (e.g. CE marking, ISO26262)
• Multiple experiences of the New Product Development and Introduction (NPD/I) cycle with detailed understanding of the process phases.
• Staff line management experience.
• Project management and multi-project environments.
• Experience with DFMA and Lean.
• Must have had exposure to small company environments.
• Used to operating at senior manager level with direct engineering responsibility.
• Useful but not essential to have automotive experience.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Outstanding Communication skills – ability to communicate effectively at all levels, verbally, in writing and in group setting.
• Excellent team worker, Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
• Outstanding technical ability in electrical and electronics engineering, with a focus on power electronics.
• Experienced in balancing engineering risks and business priorities.
• Ability to develop and implement robust processes, from scratch.
• Strong analytical ability and a clear thinker.
• Ability to assimilate and analyse large amounts of data quickly.
• Good understanding of different production methods, models, metrics etc.
• Understanding of Engineering systems, process, best practice.
• Takes responsibility for ensuring a high quality of work.
• Understands the fundamentals, principles and details of how Quality systems operate
• High energy level
• Highly effective at juggling multiple projects and prioritising them, to ensure that tasks are completed by the negotiated deadline, with delegation where appropriate
Good Company Pension Scheme
Cycle to Work Scheme
25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
Employee Assistance Program
Free parking on site
This company works a 4.5 day week