New Tooling Project Engineer - Plastic Injection Moulding
Our client develops and manufactures rear view mirror system and intelligent camera technologies for the automotive industry. They are seeking a Project Engineer with experience of new tooling plastic injection moulding experience.
To manage new programme tooling ensuring quality, cost and timing targets are met. Support the procurement of tools to agreed cost and timing targets to ensure consistent and high quality components. To Support development of a preferred toolmaking resource, for all Group companies.
• To source, vet and manage potential toolmaker suppliers to the Group companies
• Accountable for all new injection mould tooling, ensuring FEP targets and quality requirements are met.
• Project manage all New Tooling, liaising with remote teams both internal and external.
• Discussing costs, timing and tooling concept directions and Customer internal and external, to maintain company targets as well as customers.
• Provide budgets on future programmes to ensure all costs are covered and delivering company objective budget profit.
• Supporting RFQ and development phase of new enquiries.
• Liaise with designers on feasibility of components, guiding design to ensure tools are designed for mass production and to suit company's quality and efficiency targets are met.
• Responsible to pull together cross functional team together for final tool GA sign off.
• To hold and attend meetings pertaining to Tooling or Development related issue.
• Maintain strong links with internal Toolroom and feedback on lessons learnt.
• Investigating new opportunities in new tooling / processing technologies / techniques and presenting them to plant for evaluation.
• To monitor and maintain tool delivery and cost targets, while delivering “turn key” tooling.
• Report into EU tooling manager on monthly basis.
Engineering qualification / apprenticeship
Previous injection moulding experience
Practical moulding and process knowledge
3D CAD system awareness
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review.