New Model Launch Project Manager - BIW & PAINT
Location: Hullavington - United Kingdom moving to Singapore
New Automotive OEM located in the South West is recruiting a New Model Launch Project Manager with a strong BIW & PAINT manufacturing process background. The role will involve an initial 6 - 12 months based in the UK then relocating to Singapore where the product will be manufactured.
Therefore, the role will suit someone whom has worked with suppliers, across countries looking at tooling, site facility set up, pre build processing and concept to manufacture model launch hence the strong project management skills required.
This role sits within the Manufacturing & Operations area of our automotive function and plays a pivotal role in delivering our vision.
• Coordination of launch activities in the BIW and Paint areas, across all key functions (Engineering, Manufacturing, Materials Planning & Logistics, Estates, etc.) for all new vehicle introductions
• Tracking progress of New Model Launch deliverables against plan, confirming status for project milestones and launch control meetings
• Identification of launch risks and driving mitigation through the appropriate cross-functional teams
• Reporting on launch readiness to all relevant audiences in an intuitive, comprehensive and timely manner
• Create and manage the day-by-day build plans for pre-production builds in BIW and Paint; meeting needs have, and agreed with, Engineering, Commercial, Quality, Manufacturing, etc.
• For those areas, ensuring all plans are in place to enable pre-production builds including BOM, parts delivery, equipment availability, processes, etc.
• Ensuring the plans in place in terms of resources, parts and production ramp-up are achievable and meet launch requirements Launch Quality Management:
• Driving identification, containment and documentation of issues during pre-production builds, and leading cross-functional teams to achieve resolution ahead of the next build phase
• Reporting on, communicating and ensuring adhesion to launch quality metrics and the Launch Quality Operating System, through pre-production builds and into start of production
• Degree educated in an Engineering discipline
• Substantial project or programme management experience – ideally with a formal qualification (PMP/PRINCE2)
• Automotive experience necessary; particularly of New Model Launch in the BIW and Paint areas of the plant
• Prior experience working across different countries and time zones would be beneficial
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review.