Networking Communications Engineer
|Job Title:||Networking Communications Engineer|
|Salary:||£45-65k + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||David Watts|
|Job Published:||May 23, 2019 09:23|
I’m working with a client who is looking for a Network Communications Engineer to join a growing company and help them move to the next phase with their development plans. This company is working very closely with the CAA and are pioneering commercial applications for their UAV & drone technology.
It’s a small company, 8 in total, and so they are looking for people who are practical, hands on, able to solve complex problems and have a positive can do attitude.
The position will involve the design, build & operational support for a new mission control centre. The mission control centre will act as a hub for command and control of remote operation of aviation services. You’d be the subject matter expert and take the lead in communications network support, project planning, design and implementation.
• Design, deploy and manage LANs, WANs, wireless networks, including routers, switches, firewalls, wireless controllers, Access Points, IPPBX and other hardware
• Configure a reliable network that is in line with safety case requirements
• Maximise network availability and performance through monitoring, troubleshooting network problems, outages and scheduling upgrades
• Develop and implement policies and procedures, for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery
• Secure network system including relevant encryption technologies
• Configuration and management of VOIP solutions
We are looking for someone with in-depth experience in LAN/WAN technologies & topologies, including, but not limited to, the following:
• Full network infrastructure stack including switching, routing, firewalling, voice and wireless, networking technologies
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience of designing and implementing load balancing and high availability protocols (HSRP, VRRP, LACP)
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience designing and implementing security using Firewalls, VPN, IPSec/SSL, DMVPN
If you have an interest in and knowledge of aviation or some other safety critical industry then this would be a definite advantage.
The client is open minded on qualifications but would expect some knowledge of Cisco CCNA or Cisco CCIE
This is blank sheet of paper opportunity and would appeal to a Network Infrastructure Engineer who has a system or architectural outlook. We are looking for someone who has the experience to be able to specific the hardware & software and build on the prototype blueprint that is currently in operation.
This position would appeal to a Network Engineer who is looking for autonomy and the chance to build a new system from scratch.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's