Navigation & Connected Car - Engineer (Design)
At this OEM there’s a wide range of unique opportunities available to suit some of the best people and brightest minds in our industry.
So, if you’re looking for a key role in shaping the future of the car industry, we’ve got the stage and the tools necessary for you to make it happen.
Mission and main objective
To successfully deliver vehicle projects to market, design & development of electrical and electronic systems to company Design standards. This will include the creation of specifications, management of suppliers and implementation to our production plants globally.
Main tasks and responsibilities
• Implementation of on-board telematics systems for all vehicles manufactured in Europe and Russia.
• Negotiate and coordinate specification and vehicle specific requirements with company's global teams in Japan and North America.
• Managing Tier 1 suppliers to deliver products to Quality, Cost & Timing targets.
• Managing in house and supplier validation of components to company design standard
• Collaboration with Off Board Connected Car team, test teams (both on board and off board) and customer orientated engineering team to define project development and testing plans
• Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to ensure technical solution supports business objectives & with purchasing team to support sourcing and cost definition/reduction tasks.
• Collaborate with related engineering sections to ensure all system components are packaged and connected correctly to meet all system design and regulation requirements.
• Status reporting to management at all levels.
• Have an understanding and experience of telematics system developments or similar
• Have relevant experience in automotive electrical and electronic development, completing a minimum of one previous vehicle development, or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience on a major development program, e.g. in aerospace, telecoms or similar.
• Have experience of managing Tier 1 suppliers in the development of a complex electronic product.
• Have good communication skills and be able to communicate effectively in a cross cultural and cross functional team.
• Self-motivating and self-managing. Pro-active. Positive. Affable and energetic personality.
• Flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
• Understand Mechanical Engineering principles, electrical theory and the operation of electronic devices.
• Knowledge of software and hardware development.
• Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions could be longer.
• Competent with PC applications. MS office, Image editing etc.
Additionally the following may be an advantage.
• Knowledge of CAN.
• Knowledge of software programming and software quality assurance.
• Knowledge of Antenna or Communications technology.
• Understanding of electronic mass production techniques and processes.
• Working knowledge of CAD systems such as IDEAS or NX