This is an exciting opportunity for an engineer who is interested in Motor Control Research. You’ll join a successful and expanding technology company within the rapidly developing electric vehicle industry. The automotive industry is changing greatly and the electric vehicle space is one of the most challenging and competitive places to be.
The company seeks a talented Motor Control Research Engineer to help in the design and development of their next generation products and systems.
Ideally candidates would have experience of highly regulated or safety critical product development, perhaps gained within the automotive, avionics, rail or medical device domain. However the company remains flexible and open to engineers from other product backgrounds.
The ideal candidate would be a proven engineer with the ability to innovate, design, test and analyse with the goal of ensuring that our clients products are the best on the market over the long term.
You’ll be devising and evaluating control algorithms and methods for electric motors such as:
• PWM strategies
• Current and position sensing
• Sensorless strategies
• Power device driving
• Interfacing with external research establishments
This will also include developing Simulink/Matlab models of the motor control system and improvements to HiL motor control testing capability.
Specific areas of interest are:
• Excellent relevant degree
• Control algorithms for permanent magnet motors
• Pulse-width modulation techniques
• Vector control
• Sensorless control
• Sensing techniques
• Inverters for electric motors
• Electric motors for traction applications
• Inverters or other electronics in hybrid and electric vehicles
• Automotive power-train components
• Relevant legislation, standards and guidelines
• Matlab and Simulink modelling
• Hardware-in-the-loop simulation, in particular with dSpace hardware
• Control electronics, including micro-processors and FPGA’s
• C programming
• VHDL programming
• Discretionary bonus - up to15%
• 37.5 hour week with core hours from 10:00-16:00 Monday to Friday
• Life assurance at 4x salary
• Pension - Up to 7%
• Private healthcare
• Employee share options scheme