Motorsport & Automotive Tier 1 Supplier is recruiting a Mechatronics Engineer on a permanent basis located in Thetford, Norfolk.
My client provides engineered components and product development services to major race teams, Automotive OEMs & Niche vehicle manufactures.
The Mechatronics Engineer will support development of electronics hardware that controls electro-mechanical automotive components, such as automotive powered closure systems, adaptive/active suspension systems, powered aerodynamic devices
- Develop electronic hardware for prototype and production systems, conforming to OEM and national/international standards
- More specifically develop electronic hardware for mechatronic systems to meet the expectations and requirements of customers including but not limited to:
- Electronics Hardware for controlling power modules for high current vehicle applications such as brushed and brushless motors
- Development of control module software for in-house hardware applications
- Diagnosis and repair of existing code for electrical/electronic/mechatronic systems
- Establishment, concurrence, documentation and maintenance of software requirements and specifications for assigned projects
- Lead the verification, validation and testing of developed hardware solutions for assigned projects
- Assist in the development of project plans including timing and deliverables
- Stay up to date on the latest hardware design techniques, electronic chip technology and general industry trends
- Degree in Electrical/Electronics/Mechatronics Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Electronics Hardware design.
- Power supply / analog circuit design
- Familiarity with Design for Test (DFT) and Design for Manufacturability (DFM) requirements
- PCB layout of multi-layer, compact HDI PCB designs which includes high speed digital interfaces (USB, MIPI, PCIe, DDR, etc.), RF signals, analog and power supply circuits.
- Understanding of power electronics, DC and AC motors, motor controllers, power conversion, power storage, signal conditioning and digital communication
- Experience with Hardware development for P-SPICE, A-SPICE, CMMI level compliance
- Experience with device-driver level or application level software development
- Experience developing embedded systems using:
- C/C++ programming including MISRA Coding Standards, Embedded C(++)
- Experience with computer-aided design and analysis tools such as: MathWorks’s Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow or Labview
- Experience with communication protocols including network modelling such as: CAN, LIN, SPI, SENT, SS
- Must have good analytical and problem solving skills