Mechanical FEA Simulation Engineer
|Job Title:||Mechanical FEA Simulation Engineer|
|Contact Name:||David Watts|
|Job Published:||February 04, 2019 14:26|
This is a unique opportunity to work in a challenging and stimulating environment, with much emphasis on team work. Qualities which would make the candidate a great fit include: excellent communication skills, the ability to embrace tough feedback, the drive to solve complex problems and produce counter-intuitive solutions.
The simulation Engineer will support the R&D process on audio products by designing, simulating, optimising and measuring systems and components.
Within the R&D department there is a need for regular support in the design and optimization of drive units’ parts, enclosures and systems. Mechanical and thermal simulation is thus required, and typical simulation tasks involve mechanical modal analysis, forced response and stress analysis, heat transfer simulation & material selection. Simulation of other components, like transducer motors and cones could also be required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the transducer and simulation team lead Engineer, the Engineer will focus on the following:
• Using specifications defined by the product development team, design and optimise mechanical structures, loudspeaker components and thermal management solutions using a combination of hand calculations and FEA simulations
• Validating simulation work through physical measurements (static & dynamic)
• Typical tools for the above analysis include MATLAB (for rigid body motion studies, visualisation and post processing), COMSOL multiphysics (FEA) and NX (mechanical design)
• Advising the Engineering team on material choices, taking into consideration stress and thermal and mechanical damping requirements.
Skills / Qualifications:
• Degree/MSc. or higher in a relevant field (Mechanical Engineering, Physics or Acoustics)
• Proficiency in mechanical and thermal system simulation in a multi-disciplinary field, including validation through measurements
• Proficiency in simulation of electromechanical and vibroacoustic devices would be desirable
• Knowledge of Matlab for physical modelling and data visualisation
• Knowledge of COMSOL multiphysics or another advanced FEA package
• Familiar with the use of mechanical measurement systems, including accelerometers, tensile test systems and scanning laser vibrometry
• Ability to dissect complex problems into fundamental physical principles
• The ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels and across a variety of platforms.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's