Mechanical Research Engineer
|Job Title:||Mechanical Research Engineer|
|Salary:||Up to £50k + Bonus + Excellent Benefits|
|Contact Name:||David Watts|
|Job Published:||September 25, 2019 10:28|
I am currently seeking a Mechanical Research Engineer for our Automotive Technology client. They are a global business and their key objective is to drive sustainable transport through innovation, ensuring vehicles travel further, perform better and use fewer components.
This is an exciting role based within the Advanced Motor Research (AMR) team. You will work across engineering and research activities to innovate, design, test and analyse with the goal of ensuring that the company’s products are the best on the market over the long term. The position is based in Surrey but there will be occasional national and international travel to China, US & Europe.
• Generate ideas for improvements to the mechanical and thermal design of in-wheel electric motors
• Develop, test and analyse motor design improvements
• Develop high-level concept designs to support feasibility work with prospective customers
• Manage/participate in collaborative projects with Universities and other institutions
• Liaise with key suppliers, customers and Engineering Centres worldwide on motor design and development
Key skills / qualifications;
• Degree qualified (2.1 or higher, First Class Hons would be great).
• Proven experience (ideally with a minimum of 2yrs) in developing new concept designs.
• This role is positioned in Research although it is similar to the mechanical side of things within Engineering.
• Being in Research, the role requires someone slightly more innovative, with a concept approach.
• We're looking for someone enthusiastic that pushes the boundaries, and thinks outside the box.
• You could be from an academic background, as this will suit the research side of the role.
• No specific background, or industry
Our client offer a competitive salary along with excellent benefits including the following;
• Flexible working hours
• Competitive pension
• Discretionary Bonus
• Life Assurance
• Private Healthcare
• Ongoing learning and development
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's