Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Project Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of product design from interpretation of customer specification through conception to manufacture and installation.
You’ll be working within an engineering, design and development environment and be part of a multidiscipline team (20) and responsible for potentially 4-5 projects, which typically run 12-18 months in duration.
Once the project has been secured by the sales and applications team, it will then be allocated to you and you will be the lead engineer on the project, taking responsibility for:
- Analysing products to ensure integrity of design and performance specifications are met.
- Preparing technical documentation/reports/calculations as required.
- Monitor and control unit and project costs to meet profit targets and agreed budgets
- Conducting & leading Project/Design reviews during the project lifetime.
- Ensuring project milestones are achieved on time and within budget.
- Provide technical support to sales both internally and externally at the customer’s site.
- Analyse sales/customer requirements and prepare technical proposals, specifications and drawings for tender.
This position is a varied one and you will be interfacing with a variety of people on a daily basis such as Sales Engineers, Customers, Manufacturing/ Quality and Purchasing teams, Subcontractors and so on. You’ll need to have the ability to multitask, remain calm under pressure and be able to communicate thoughts and ideas to drive the project through to completion.
Tools/Equipment/Software currently in use are:
- Inventor 3D Solid Modelling
- MsWord,Excel, MsProject
- TK Solver/ MathCAD
The client is open minded about qualifications and is happy to consider engineers who have a HNC through to a Degree, but is ideally looking for a Mechanical discipline.
Industry knowledge of fluid mechanics and pressure systems is required for this position and you will need a Full driving licence in order to be able to visit customers and suppliers as required (domestic and international).
This position would suit a Project Engineer who has a background in precision machined components, and has worked within the Aerospace Industry. It would suit an engineer who has good problem solving skills, a practical ‘Hands on’ approach and who is methodical, thorough and able to write technical reports.
We are really interested in Project Engineers who can demonstrate drive, ambition and enthusiasm for this opportunity.
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- On Site Gym
- Social Club
- 25 Days holiday