Mechanical Engineer- Standards & Drawings
£40,000 - £50,000
The primary focus of the work is to check all engineering drawings and designs to ensure they meet the internal standards and BS8888.
- Ensure all engineering drawings and designs meet internal standards and BS8888
- Ensure that all drawings have the correct GD&T applied for their given application
- Maintain all Engineering and Drawing Standards
- Support other design functions and tasks, as and when required
- Manage KPIs associated with drawing releases
- Contribute to complete and effective engineering plans and schedules, including planning own activities
You are expected to have an appreciation of European and Worldwide Automotive Homologation Standards and there requirements.
You will be expected to liaise with design, development, project management, prototype and production manufacturing teams, technical partners, consultants and suppliers to ensure the company is working to the correct standards.
Qualifications and experience:
It is anticipated that you will be an engineer with at least 5 years’ experience in the automotive industry, and have evident experience working within a demanding team environment.
You will be expected to have a solid understanding of design standards, material standards and engineering drawing standards. A good working knowledge of whole vehicle design is essential.
In addition, the following attributes are expected;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the capacity of an Engineer in the automotive industry
- Solid understanding of design standards, material standards and engineering drawing standards
- Good working knowledge of whole vehicle design is essential
- Proven success in applying design standards in automotive or other applicable industries
- Experience of engineering drawing standards, specifically BS8888
- Capable of reading engineering drawings from a manufacturing and material supply perspective
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Good time management skills