An opportunity has arisen within the team for a mechanical engineer who will support vehicle integration including suspension, bearing, braking, wheel/tyre, cooling systems and their associated design analysis. The ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter with experience working on these systems and will be familiar with production design and validation requirements. The role will be primarily based in the UK although may also include worldwide travel.
- Take ownership of existing product CAD data and system characteristics, and develop it to support customer vehicles or systems.
- Develop vehicle integration solutions including wheel, brake, suspension, bearing and other components to meet customer expectations.
- Support on-site mechanical integration activities and problem resolution.
- Manage the relationships with customers and suppliers to propose professional solutions to overcome issues during product integration to the target vehicles.
- Author high quality drawings and documents and to support customer engineering activities.
- Provide guidance and supporting analysis to mature designs with series production intent.
Relevant Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• Creative and innovative design
• Development and analysis of engineering solutions
• Ability to communicate verbally and through technical documentation in English
• Produce drawings to BS 8888
• Produce and manipulate complex CAD models
• Ability to work in international environment
• Ability to self-motivate and work with minimal over sight
• Good computer skills (Microsoft Office, SolidWorks)
• Excellent personal and task organisation
• Technical understanding of vehicle suspension and braking components
• Experience using 3D CAD (CATIA, SolidWorks or similar)
• Degree (BEng) in relevant engineering field
• Understanding of automotive mechanical design processes, specifically Suspension and chassis components
• Understanding of basic calculations and FEA
• Knowledge of codes of conduct and ethical working
• Masters degree in relevant engineering field
• Chartered status with a recognised engineering body
• OEM/Tier 1 experience with vehicle systems/assemblies
• Experience working with high power electric & hybrid powertrains
• Experience of automotive traction batteries and motors
• Experience of working with foundation brakes and NVH optimisation.