8 days ago
Salary / Rate:
£60-70k + Bonus + Benefits
This position reports to the Global VP of Engineering and your primary responsibility is the design, development and delivery of the mechanical systems, with particular emphasis on “Concept Development”. Additional responsibilities include the design, development and delivery of test, measurement and prototype manufacturing equipment to support prototype build and testing. The position will work closely with commercial, research and other functional teams to ensure delivery of objectives.
This position would suit Design Managers who are pioneering, driven, tenacious & collaborative with a high level of integrity.
Key responsibilities for the role include, although are not limited to, the following:
• Technical lead for mechanical concept product engineering from definition, through planning, design, analysis, timing & releasing, prototyping and testing for concept verification signoff.
• Day to day leadership and resource management of the mechanical engineering and UK based prototype manufacturing teams.
• Set short and long term goals for the function.
• Develop and recruit best-in-class talents.
• Ensure a robust product development process is understood, managed and executed according to commitment.
• Support designs for new test processes and equipment as required in UK facilities.
• Provide technical expertise to overseas functions team as required and leadership direction to China based Mechanical Engineering.
• Technical liaison between Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing, Quality, Customer Application and Purchasing functions to ensure consistency and quality of design, communication and product.
If you can demonstrate the following, then we are keen to talk to you:
• Engineering or Technical degree
• Post graduate qualification desirable
• Demonstrable experience of delivering a quality, sustainable product, including component, and sub-system project management.
• Practical engineering and product aptitude and understanding.
• Experience in automotive OEM or Tier N Product Engineering functions and/or electrical machines (Beneficial).
• Experience in technical management in a global multicultural environment (Beneficial).
• Practical six sigma knowledge and understanding (Desirable).
• Discretionary bonus - up to15%
• 37.5 hour week with core hours from 10:00-16:00 Monday to Friday
• Life assurance at 4x salary
• Pension - Up to 7%
• Private healthcare
• Employee share options schemeI