This is a chance to join an established and growing business who are a leading design and manufacturing company, mainly involved in the development of environmental sensors. They are looking for two Mechanical Design Engineers (1 Junior & 1 Senior) to create the next generation of innovative and technologically complex instruments and systems for challenging and varied applications.
You’ll be joining a small and dedicated team of engineers and scientists who are designing technically advanced optical and acoustic instrumentation, which is widely recognised for its quality and measurement performance.
First and foremost, our client is looking for a true ‘engineer’; someone who not only has a natural grasp of mechanics and mechanical principals, but someone who can seamlessly translate theory into a product that works well in the field and delivers an attractive and user-friendly solution to their customers. In addition to driving complex and challenging design work from concept through to medium volume manufacture, you will also be comfortable with standard drawing office requirements for build control and change note implementation as required.
• Scientific instrumentation design from concept to final product
• Engineering documentation
• Manufacturing support
• Customer liaison
• Product test and on-site commissioning
• A knowledge of fundamental engineering principles.
• A degree in Mechanical Engineering (2.1 or higher) from a recognised institution
• At least 2 years’ experience working as a design engineer in a high technology engineering environment (Solidworks ideally)
• Must be able to demonstrate the requisite level of design ability and a sound engineering knowledge base
• A keen attention to detail and a keen understanding and appreciation of the importance of tolerances, safety factors, component specifications, materials selection, testing and build standard control; as well as working knowledge of components, suppliers and processes.
• A ‘self-starter’ - the role requires a person who has the initiative and determination to get a design project underway without the need for close supervision and direction.
Their team works closely together to produce bespoke design solutions, or resolve technical issues for customers, and they are looking for a collaborative, personable team player who is excited to work within a small, diverse, multidisciplinary group.
There will be opportunities for significant and rapid career development with increasing levels of responsibility for product design and project management that would not necessarily be available within a larger organisation.
There may be occasional requirements to deliver product or customer support anywhere in the world, sometimes in exotic, challenging or exciting locations. You should have a willingness to travel at short notice when required.
• Generous contributory pension scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• 25 days annual leave, plus public holidays
• Normal working week 37.5 hours
• Security Clearance required
Candidates must be suitable for SC security clearance
To apply, please submit a covering letter & CV, both in PDF format.