Mechanical Design Engineer - Solidworks
|Job Title:||Mechanical Design Engineer - Solidworks|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Feist|
|Job Published:||March 23, 2018 11:50|
Our client is a dual UK site development and manufacturing company within the niche technology area of Lasers / Fibre Optics who are looking to grow their Mechanical Design Engineering team by recruiting a permanent Senior Mechanical Engineer.
Key skills / experience required -
• Graduate in Mechanical Engineering or closely allied discipline (not Product Design) with minimum 3 years industrial experience Or Apprentice trained mechanical engineer with a minimum of 10 years design experience
• 3+ years experience in 3D CAD (ideally some knowledge of Solidworks)
• Experience in relevant mechanical design sectors with awareness of relevant manufacturing methods – machining and sheetmetal forming
o Electronics packaging
o Small precision mechanisms
o Bespoke sheetmetal enclosure design (not modifying off the shelf enclosures)
Working as a Mechanical Design Engineer on the development of fibre laser related components, products and systems. The role encompasses a range of tasks from the design of complex optical assemblies to product integration.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Production of concept designs of assemblies and components using 3D CAD through to detailed design and drawings.
• Responsible for mechanical designs for new product development and continuous improvements of our fibre laser products within the CW product development group.
• Responsible for all aspects of mechanical system design, including the integration of optical, thermal and electronic/ electrical system requirements, from design through to manufacture.
• Minimum of 5 years experience within a high-tech precision engineering environment.
• Experience of Solid Works and good IT skills.
• Appreciation of other disciplines’ (especially Optical Engineering) impact on Mechanical Design.
• Good working knowledge of MRP and PLM Systems desirable
• Experience of working closely with suppliers at the early stages of development programs.
• Design for assembly and manufacture.
• Be able to transfer concept designs through to full manufacture.
• Familiarity of Fiber Optic or Laser based products.
• Experience of designing machined components to tight tolerances
• Good material characteristics knowledge
• Experience of optical assembly design
• Thermal and Fluid Dynamics Analysis experience.
• Bachelor or Master Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or related field
• Conscientious and adaptable.
• Comfortable working within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Able to work under pressure and use initiative.
• Ability to communicate well at all levels both inside and outside the company.
• Hands-on with creative approach to problem solving and the ability to translate engineering requests into workable solutions.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's