Exciting Science R&D business is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer. This opportunity would suit a proven Mechanical Design Engineer with around 2-4 yrs experience.
Ideally you will have gained that experience within a science or space technology sector; exposure to vacuum systems would be highly beneficial. You will have the opportunity to work directly with the businesses Lead Design Engineer offering fantastic learning potential.
As the Mechanical Design Engineer you will design parts related to experimental campaigns. As an engineer you will be designing and building state of the art technology to help pushing the company towards achieving fusion for energy generation.
Projects will range from upgrading our existing pulsed power machines to improve their performance, to complex target design and development.
This is an exciting and varied role as you will operate in a broad range of core projects in a fast paced environment.
Responsibilities will include:
• Using 3D CAD to produce engineering drawings for manufacture
• Supporting the design process with technical specifications, design reviews and change management
• Providing expert engineering input into multidisciplinary teams
• Ensuring manufactured components are delivered on time and as specified
Ideal proven ability will include:
• Engineering design background with experience using a mainstream CAD system Training on the system used by us (Solidworks) can be provided
• Fast and effective problem-solving skills
• Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Focus on safety and environmental impacts of your designs
• Experience of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)