Mechanical Design Engineer - Creo
Permanent or Contract 6 months rolling
To create mechanical design solutions in line with the company’s business needs through innovation, creativity and professionalism.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
* Design and development of new mechanical components and product upgrades for ROV vehicles and systems, ensuring they are on time and to budget.
* Contribute to design review and the release of new products, and product upgrades.
* Ensure all engineering activities and projects are documented and compliant with the company quality, HSE and Environmental policy and that designs comply with internationally recognised standards.
* Liaise with customers to provide application and technical information for our products to aid the selling of equipment and assist sales as required.
* National & international travel in support of the company’s technical objectives.
* Conduct activities in a professional manner to deliver quality mechanical design solutions.
* Continually improve personal skills through training and awareness.
* To work with minimal supervision either on your own or within project teams.
* To undertake any other duties as appropriate within their competence, as required by their Supervisor or Manager from time to time.
General accountabilities and responsibilities:
* To use personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in day to day activities and procedures within the specified role.
* To maintain personal ability in, and appropriate use of, all relevant IT (Information & Technology) and other systems required to adequately perform the role.
* To act ethically, with integrity and in the best interest of the business at all times.
? To maintain a professional and supportive relationship with team members and other departments in order to deliver business and delivery objectives or deadlines.
* To carry out any other duties as detailed by a your Supervisor or Manager from time to time.
* To keep good time management to minimise any wasted time and maximise productivity and effectiveness.
Degree or HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar
Required - Broad knowledge of mechanical systems and mechanisms
Confident in the use of standard structural calculations
Beneficial - Marine corrosion and design for marine subsea applications
Understanding of electric DC motor design
Understanding of Engineering static and dynamic sealing methodologies
Understanding of machining processes
Understanding of hydraulic components, circuits and schematics
Required -Advanced user of PTC Creo 3.0 or 4.0 for 3D Mechanical designs
Creation of fully toleranced mechanical detail drawings and general arrangement drawings to ISO standards using 3D CAD
Use of Finite Element Analysis structural simulation as a concurrent design verification tool
Welded fabrication design
Engineering Change Management
Beneficial - Design of ROVs or other marine/underwater equipment
Design of hydraulic components and circuits
Use of Product Data Management systems
Application of Geometric Tolerancing in Engineering drawings
Use of PTC Creo Piping and Cabling extension
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV to email@example.com