Leading high-performance powertrain business is seeking three proven Mechanical Design Engineers. You will create innovative designs for powertrain systems and products. The work will specifically be related to electric motor design and development.
Prior experience designing electric motors or invertors is not essential. However, prior experience designing complex rotating parts is essential. You will also be required to be a proven and up-to-date user of CatiaV5 or V6. This experience may have been gained from any relevant engineering sector, not just automotive.
This is an excellent opportunity for contractors from a relevant background to gain design experience of electric motors used in the automotive and possibly high-performance motorsport business.
Ideal skills and experience:
• Knowledge of product, system and component design for the delivery of projects
• Design capability via a 3D parametric system
• FEA knowledge – creating models and interpreting results
• Knowledge of materials and their properties and their use in engineering design and analysis
• Experienced user in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.)
• Sound engineering background
• Mechanical, Thermal and fluid system design experience
• Proven track record of successfully delivering projects in design environment.