Mechanical Design Engineer - Automation / Production – New Facility
|Job Title:||Mechanical Design Engineer - Automation / Production – New Facility|
|Salary:||£competitive + bens|
|Contact Name:||Paul Frisby|
|Job Published:||June 13, 2018 09:18|
Innovative and rapidly-growing cleantech engineering firm is seeking two Mechanical Design Engineers (Automation).
My client is making electric motors for the automotive and advanced engineering sectors. The electric motors are smaller, lighter, more efficient and cheaper than comparable incumbent designs. They have recently moved to a brand-new facility in Chudleigh, Devon. This is a fantastic opportunity to play pivotal role designing automation equipment to manufacture a hi-tech electric motors to satisfy our increasing customer demands.
The role will give successful applicants the chance to design creative and impressive solutions to meet our manufacturing needs. Taking ownership of the projects from initial concepts through to completion within a volume production environment. Working closely with our Manufacturing and Product Engineering departments to ensure our manufacturing facility delivers the highest standards of products to our customers.
You will have the opportunity to work with some of the biggest names in the automotive and engineering world, have the desire and enthusiasm to aid the significantly increase our production volumes which are planned. You will be adept at engineering design and highly skilled in the use of design tools, will have a pragmatic mindset and a desire to build value into work at all stages from initial design through to manufacture.
Desired qualifications, skills and experience
• A degree in, or equivalent knowledge of, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Automation
• Extensive applied 3-D CAD experience, with SolidWorks the preferred package
• Experience of designing new automated equipment, processes, procedures and systems within a manufacturing environment.
• Experience with robotics, PLC programming and HMI set-up beneficial
• Knowledge of electric motors and/or hybrid drives useful
• Experience of production engineering, DFMA and/or lean manufacturing beneficial
• Personal accountability
• Concentration and focus
• Good sense of humour
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's