Mechanical Design Engineer
CAD package - Solidworks
Permanent - £30,000 - £35,000
Our design and manufacturing client is seeking a new Mechanical Design Engineer with Solidworks experience to expand their design team. Experience of electrical and / or safety would be advantageous. The role would suit a graduate with a couple of years' experience or there about.
In this role you will working with manufacturing and test engineering groups to support these functions with jig, fixtures and special equipment. The role is mainly focused on improving our production process on new and existing production whilst maintaining safe working practices and product quality. This role will be based in Southampton but will require occasional travel to our Rugby site to support activities at this location.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Design manufacturing fixtures and special purpose manufacturing equipment.
• Responsible for introduction of process equipment into manufacturing to support new processes ensuring it can be operated effectively and adheres to all current health and safety legislation.
• Maintain production capacity by servicing and enhancing current production equipment.
• To liaise with R&D department on new product design to ensure timely supply of appropriate equipment.
• To support continued improvement projects for legacy products.
Ideally the successful candidate will have experience in a production engineering environment in or related industry.
Candidates should also be able to demonstrate:
• Experience in solid modelling and producing detailed engineering drawings. SolidWorks or similar preferred.
• Basic workshop experience.
• Good I.T. abilities (Word, Excel, Outlook) and presentation skills.
• Experience in advanced technology process manufacturing and design engineering environment.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes and working with external suppliers.
• Degree or similar in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering discipline or equivalent through working experience.
The Candidate should:
• Ability to work across multiple tasks methodically and efficiently and meeting committed timescales.
• Confident to work in a dynamic environment and adaptable to change in priorities.
• Ability to successfully integrate into multidisciplinary and cross functional teams.
• Hands-on with creative approach to problem solving and the ability to translate engineering requests into working solutions.
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV for our review.