A rare chance to join an award winning company and be part of a hugely successful design team. As a Mechanical Design Engineer it probably doesn’t get much better than this as you’ll be specifically tasked with delivering mechanical aspects of high end consumer products.
We are looking for a talented mechanical design engineer, well versed in the full product design lifecycle, from concept through to introduction into manufacturing, who possess excellent problem-solving & communication skills, plus knowledge of OEM / ODM methodologies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the mechanical design of products from conception through to production
• Ensure that design documentation is available, and all required specifications are met
• Manage & responsible for OEM / ODM mechanical detail design
• Provide data and support for all product prototyping
• Collaborate with multidisciplinary global project teams
• Investigation and advanced development of new manufacturing processes and mechanical systems
• Conceptual design exploration using technical illustration, 3d design and visualization tools
• Project manage conceptual exploration where appropriate
• Support research activities
• Attend overseas product builds
We are looking a Mechanical Design Engineer with an engineering based design degree who is highly experienced in a closely related industry. You should have high level 3d and 2d CAD experience, Siemens NX is the ideal but other 3D software will be considered. You should have broad technical design experience including the following disciplines:
• Injection moulding
• Sheet metal
• Machined components
• Material finishes / coating -
• electronic packaging
Experience of working with consumer electronics and a global based supply chain would also be beneficial. Rapid prototyping techniques are employed at this site so a knowledge and experience of the latest methods would be ideal. Working in collaboration is a big part of why this company is successful. Having a good open communication style is essential.
• Basic mechanical FEA
• Experience with wireless products
• Knowledge of acoustic systems
• Business systems: ECTR, SAP
This opportunity would suit a Mechanical Design Engineer who wants to work with the very latest high end materials aimed at the luxury consumer electronics market, developing some of the very best audio experiences money can buy.