This is a chance to work on an electrified turbocharger project for an automotive application. Initially you’ll be working on the existing development and then for 2 years on a new development project.
To start with you’ll be finalising the design of a water cooled heat sink, which will involve Solidworks & ANSYS FEA to prove cooling capability.
Longer term you’ll be supporting the growing range of products. This exciting role will be focused on a range of NPI projects intending to deliver cutting edge high-speed electrified turbomachinery, including electrified turbochargers and compressors for both automotive and land-based applications.
We are looking for this background:
- Bachelor’s degree 2:1 minimum in mechanical, automotive, power engineering or similar.
- Strong/expert in CAD (Solidworks preferred)
- Strong background in a mechanical design/analysis engineering role, covering cast/machined part design and complex assemblies, ideally related to turbomachinery or high-speed rotating machines.
- Experience of NPI lifecycles.
- Able to decide on the appropriate level of detail required and the reliance/accuracy to attach to a variety of results obtained.
This position would suit someone with outstanding communication skills, has a positive outlook & is a team player. Technically you should be comfortable with full mechanical design of components, assemblies, and systems, including analysis of stress, heat transfer, fluid flow, bolted joints and high-speed rotating components.