We are looking to hire an experienced, high performing Mechanical Design Engineer to help support a growing range of product development projects. This exciting role will be focused on a range of NPI projects intending to deliver cutting edge high-speed electrified turbomachinery, including electrified turbochargers and compressors for both automotive and land-based applications.
We are looking for this background:
- Bachelor’s degree 2:1 minimum in mechanical, automotive, power engineering or similar.
- Strong/expert in CAD (Solidworks preferred)
- Strong background in a mechanical design/analysis engineering role, covering cast/machined part design and complex assemblies, ideally related to turbomachinery or high-speed rotating machines.
- Experience of NPI lifecycles.
- Able to decide on the appropriate level of detail required and the reliance/accuracy to attach to a variety of results obtained.
This position would suit someone with outstanding communication skills, has a positive outlook & is a team player. Technically you should be comfortable with full mechanical design of components, assemblies, and systems, including analysis of stress, heat transfer, fluid flow, bolted joints and high-speed rotating components.
The requirement is very much for analytical/simulation experience, particular in terms of structural/thermal modelling with rotor dynamics and/or electromagnetics very desirable also.
• Company Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Health Insurance
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Childcare Vouchers
• 25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
• Employee Assistance Program
• Free parking on site
• 4.5 day week, including a modern flexible approach to working