Mechanical Design Engineer
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will mainly be responsible for (but not limited to) the duties described in this job description.
Technology solutions provider with over ten years of experience developing liquid repellent nano coatings.
With a focus on the consumer electronics industry, we work directly with OEMs to make devices water resistant, improving their reliability and enabling them to survive liquid exposure in everyday accidents.
Job Purpose & Context
This is a technical role, and you will be expected to be able to show a high level of functional expertise and the ability to lead by example. You will also be expected to mentor and help develop the skills of more junior and less experienced member of the team.
- Overseeing the mechanical design of company systems and components, with an emphasis on the vacuum deposition tool and associated jigs, fixtures and tooling
- Take a hands-on role in the design process, as dictated by expertise level requirements and workload constraints
- Conducting or playing a key role in design reviews and related activities
- Ensuring the accuracy of solid models, detailed drawings, BOMs and other documentation produced by the mechanical design group
Academic Qualifications or Key Knowledge
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or a similar discipline
- Candidates with other qualifications (e.g. HNC/HND) considered with significant practical experience
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable experience of playing a leading role in contributing to projects to develop complex high technology machinery and systems
- Experience in working as part of a multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to understand scientific concepts and interact with R&D scientists, using this input to deliver well engineered and reliable solutions
- Ability to effectively manage the workload of the mechanical design team
- Capable of providing leadership to the mechanical design team and helping to mentor and develop more junior engineers
- Excellent problem-solving skills and able to demonstrate a flair for creativity and innovation
- Working knowledge of Solidworks
- Knowledge of vacuum technology and systems
- Knowledge of automation systems and robotics
- Creating / participating in FMEAs
- Design of Experiment programs and Design Verification Plans
- Wide development experience, with exposure to all aspects of supplier sourcing, prototyping, design validation, mass production release
- Experience of CE / UL standards would be advantageous
- Proficient in the preparation of all related documentation