This is a really nice opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a growing design and manufacturing company in the Portsmouth area. This company recently received major investment and have secured one of their biggest projects to date. They are now keen to recruit a Design Engineer who can contribute designs for both new and existing automated production line equipment.
The machines are mainly mechanical but use a wide range of sensors, pneumatics, hydraulics and control systems to operate. You'll need to be very familiar with manufacturing methods and able to work with suppliers to optimise parts for production and then procurement (low volume). You must be well organised and a completer-finisher with good attention to detail.
To apply for this position you'll need:
• Excellent SolidWorks skills including use of PDM
• Expert in design of electro mechanical equipment and machines
• Experienced in parts fabrication – machined, welded and other fabrication techniques
• Completer-finisher with excellent attention to detail (fully constrained models, structured design approach, precise drawings)
• Thorough understanding of tolerancing (both tolerance analysis and understanding of achievable tolerances on parts)
• Adept at communicating to gather information required from engineers and technicians to realise your part/assembly designs
• Hands-on in understanding how your designs will be used, integrated and assembled
• Good knowledge of sensors, pneumatics, bearings and other off the shelf parts that can be used in equipment
Nice to haves
• Production line layout (eg AutoCAD)
• Electrical drawings
• Purchasing and working with suppliers for quotation and purchase of parts
It’s a busy but professional engineering and manufacturing environment and this position would suit someone who loves using CAD as well as working with suppliers.
Benefits package includes:
• Bonus – up to 10%
• Company Pension Scheme
• Private Health Insurance for family
• 25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
• Free parking