30 days ago
Salary / Rate:
Competitive + benefits
Our Global Automotive Tier 1 client are focused on developing world-class solutions for customers and suppliers specifically in electrification of compressors and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and electric driven compressors (EDC) systems.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Design & Development Engineer, ideally with around 2-3 years in the design or test of Automotive HVAC components & systems. The successful applicant will design and develop automotive HVAC components and systems, and will complete development activities to achieve Quality, Cost and Delivery targets for new launch products.
• Complete development activities to achieve Quality, Cost and Delivery targets for new launch products.
• Generate, progress and implement product improvement projects e.g. technical cost reduction.
• Investigate and report the European region development technologies and trends.
• Promotion of business technology and products.
• Analyse data and produce reports.
• Network effectively across functions and within the region.
Education / experience;
• Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the design or testing of automotive HVAC components / systems
• An understanding of Automotive Standards including performance requirements
• Production of design data including the use of NX or CATIA CAD system (Solids, Surfacing & Drafting)
• Release of design data using the design release process and standards
• Application of engineering tools and techniques e.g. design FMEA, FTA, etc.