At the forefront of subsea innovation for the last 40 years, this company is an independent manufacturing business, employing almost 300 employees worldwide. The company offers interesting engineering challenges that require complex solutions and as such staff turnover is low due to the nature of the work and the way people are treated.
Working in a team of 4 and reporting to the Purchasing Manager, we are looking or an experienced Buyer who can manage the purchasing process for Mechanical products, ordering up to 30 items a day in some instances.
You’ll be obtaining quotations, analysing, placing orders & chasing outstanding items with suppliers on a daily basis.
There will be opportunity to identify and suggest new suppliers & this will include some visits existing and new UK suppliers.
Another part of your role will be to work alongside the Quality department to help manage supplier quality, this will include raising any supplier reject notes & ensuring any rejects do not affect the continuity of supply.
You’ll also be asked to investigate and take corrective action to address discrepancies in deliveries of goods, inaccurate paperwork etc. as well as assisting with negotiation and management of Supplier Terms and Conditions/Contracts.
We are ideally looking for a Buyer with the following experience and qualifications:
• CIPS qualification desirable
• Knowledge and extensive practical experience of MRP systems essential (Syspro ideal)
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings with a good understanding of engineering materials and processes.
• IT literate, with the ability to utilise the MS Office suite, in particular Excel, Outlook and Word. Excel knowledge essential.
• Considerable experience of purchasing within a manufacturing environment or similar
• Demonstrable experience in the procurement of mechanical parts
This position would suit an experienced Buyer who has excellent organisational skills, is customer orientated, persuasive, analytical and works well under pressure. A driving licence is essential.
25 days holiday, Pension, Death in Service, PHI, Bonus - PRP (not guaranteed but has historically paid between 5-18%).
Hours of work are 8.30 – 5pm (flexitime available)