Mechanical Analyst – Solidworks Simulation
£35-60k + Bonus + Good Package
This is a new position, reporting into the Mechanical Design Manager. It has been created to support the mechanical design and development team and you will work as the specialist analyst within the team.
You’ll be working for an automotive technology firm based across the US, UK and China, & their mission is to drive sustainable transport through innovation, imagination & efficiency.
At the moment they only use Solidworks Simulation and are looking for someone who is happy to use this tool as the primary means of analysing their designs – this would cover include kinematic, dynamic, heat transfer, shock, noise vibration and harshness analyses on complex materials, structural components and functional systems.
You’ll perform structural analyses, document the results, provide design guidance and inform validation testing.
Relevant Knowledge & Experience
• Extensive experience of hand calculations and FEA and their application and validation
• Extensive knowledge of physics and mechanical engineering theory
• Technical understanding of vehicle and suspension loading
• Experience using SolidWorks and SolidWorks Simulation
• Degree (BEng) in relevant engineering field
• Application of product design process
• Experience of component testing and design of tests
• Experience preparing and holding design reviews
• Masters’ degree in relevant engineering field
• Chartered status with a recognised engineering body
• OEM/Tier 1 experience with vehicle systems/assemblies
• Experience working with high power electric & hybrid powertrains
• Experience of automotive traction batteries and motors
• Experience in heat management, casting and mechanical techniques
• Previous design experience based on ISO26262
• Discretionary Bonus
• Life Assurance
• Pension Scheme
• Private Healthcare
• Share Options
• Learning & Development
The manager feels this could be of interest to experienced FEA Engineers or design and development engineers who would like to specialise in analysis.