Measurement Planning Engineer
£Neg + benefits
To embed a new measurement point planning (MPP) structure and database into a new product. This role provides an opportunity to shape a robust measurement strategy for future vehicles as well as be heavily involved in the installation and setup of our new data management analysis software. Once live, you will support the training of others in the use of the analysis tool software. The MPP structure will enable data analysis and problem-solving activities - which this role will also support - throughout the prototyping and launch phases of the new program.
- Support Quality, Manufacturing & Engineering teams to develop measurement strategy for bought in and internal assemblies;
- Define measurement points in accordance with the strategy for all assemblies;
- Create a database of measurement points and programs then manage & maintain it;
- Support the integration and release of these points into CAD;
- Liaise with all internal and external customers to ensure these points are in measurement plans;
- Support design & delivery of data management system, including validation;
- Set up the system from data collection to publishing report on various sources;
- Create report templates with consideration of user perspective;
- Provide excellent user training & support as required;
- Maintain good documentation and manage change requests;
Success will require excellent communication and understanding with the engineering teams to ensure requirements for measurement are properly considered and captured in the MPP, as well as external suppliers who will need to clearly understand what measurement data is expected from them. Key relationships within the dimensional engineering team must be strong with excellent understanding and communication to maximise the impact of the team.
A clear understanding of measurement point planning strategies, control/revision management methods and drive to implement of an appropriate version. The role will require a robust understanding of measurement principals and an ability to apply them in a logical and lean way. Leading the process purchasing, installing and validating a data management and analysis system (via an industry recognised supplier) in readiness for the new model.
Qualifications and Experience (Essential & Desirable criteria)
- Good understanding of current measurement technologies;
- Basic GD&T awareness;
- Dimensional / gauging / measurement experience;
- Essential project management skill for timing, resource and cost;
- Good at MS office software;
- Motivated and able to work autonomously & as part of a team;
- Good communication skills, written & verbal;
- Cross functional teamwork skills.
- Practical experience in engineering releasing process;
- CATIA authoring skills V5 and V6;
- Relevant automotive experience;
- Engineering Degree or equivalent;
- Extensive knowledge of vehicle building process.