A fantastic opportunity has become available at Honda Racing F1 for a Materials Engineer. This role is initially based within the Energy Storage System (ESS) development project, but in the future it wil cover whole power unit (PU) development. The main purpose is to take responsibility for delivering material solutions to meet and exceed performance targets, fault investigation and setting countermeasures from the material engineering point of view. Applicants will ideally be able to carry out material failure analysis, and have good knowledge of Metallurgy and heat treatment.
• Make the technical specification of materials, heat treatment and surface treatment.
• Fault investigation and setting countermeasures during not only the development stage but also the production stage or sign-off process.
• Verify the technical specification of battery chemistry and future cell development from material perspective with single cell test.
• Control the supplier’s development from the material engineering point of view.
• Management of development status and test items both internally and externally.
• Analyse the technology, trends of current/post material engineering and create technical reports.
• Facilitate, support meetings, and collaborations with companies and suppliers.
• Responsible for 3rd party project deliverables (testing, research milestones, etc.) and reporting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Good knowledge of metallurgy, heat treatment and surface treatment.
• Material failure analysis experience.
• Coordination skill of the development and test schedule with members and supplier.
• Experience of making the specification based on requirement from the user point of view.
• Strong fault finding and diagnostic abilities.
• Excellent document presentational skills.
• An adept communicator, be able to build good relationships across all cultures both internally and externally.
• Fluency in spoken & written English is essential. Competence in Japanese or another European language is desirable.
• Domestic travel and travel overseas will be required.
• Full driving license and competence to drive in the UK.
• PC literate.