Materials and Process Engineer
Our client is a Materials Engineering company who development and manufacture composite material products. They are seeking a Materials and Process Engineer who has a good hands on / practical materials engineering background of metallurgy castings and / or general composites with experience of whole lifecycle projects, taking it from concept to manufacture.
The materials and process engineer will support new product development projects and oversee materials testing and characterisation activities. A key function will be defining acceptance criteria, leading process development and validation activities, scaling and productionising manufacturing processes, materials characterisation and supporting the MMC commercialisation efforts of the business.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Provide materials & process support to the design function
• Overseeing the testing of new materials and products
• Responsible for design, development and validation of new processes
• Leading Root Cause Analysis to provide solutions for manufacturing issues
• Improvement of existing processes, including scaling production and cost reduction initiatives
• Development of internal quality standards and acceptance criteria, including identifying suitable NDT methods
• Specification of new equipment requirements for the materials analysis and test laboratory.
• Engineering support for “Engineering services” offering, relating to both MMC and unreinforced materials
• Provide technical input to bids (customer and funded projects)
• Responsible for working within company procedures relating to H&S and Quality
• Other duties as required
Skills, attributes and Qualifications
• University Degree in Science or Engineering discipline.
• Minimum 5 years’ industrial experience, ideally with knowledge of Aluminium and casting, or composite materials
• Strong communication and practical problem-solving skills
• Flexible and able to adapt to the requirements of a small company, including providing support to other areas of the business
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review and consideration.