Manufacturing Product Engineer - Electronics
Salary - Circa £38,000 - £40,000
Our client is a leading designer and manufacturer of fiber lasers for use in cutting, welding and marking applications in a wide range of industries. They are currently looking to expand their Manufacturing Engineering team by recruiting a new Product Engineer with good electronics manufacturing experience.
This would suit someone with failure analysis, test diagnostics and product improvement experience within electronics manufacturing.
As a member of the Manufacturing Engineering Team, you will be responsible for supporting the production of fibre lasers and the introduction of new products as part of the our NPI Process.
Working as part of a multidiscipline team, the prime focus will be to identify and lead corrective actions to realise improvements in process yield and/or reduced cost.
Secondary will be to support the investigation of Production failures; identifying, tracking, and reporting on corrective actions to ensure that root cause is identified and resolved.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Identify and lead corrective actions to realise improvements in process yield and/or reduced cost.
• Technical lead within the Manufacturing Team to support production in diagnosing laser failures to root cause.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the build and test processes associated with all products.
• Lead technical discussions during introduction of new products and processes from R&D, whilst providing continuous improvements of the current platforms.
• Involvement in product lifecycle from concept through to volume manufacturing. Review test and limit specifications for manufacturing processes.
Experience with analogue and digital control electronics.
Experience of Failure analysis, Test Diagnostics and Product Improvements.
Demonstrable ability to gather and analyze data regarding design and manufacturing capability.
Good IT skills – Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint presentations.
SQL query writing.
Manufacturing experience, in a high technology environment.
Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering discipline such as Opto-Electronics.
Strong interpersonal skills are essential for this role as it requires liaisons within all levels of the business, but particularly R&D
Ability to present complex data to all levels of the business to resolve problems and drive change
A hands-on approach to problem solving with the use of recognized tools.
A strong customer concentric approach to product quality.
Ability to work methodically and efficiently to meet committed timescales.
Happy to work in a dynamic environment and adaptable to changes in priorities.
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV for our review to email@example.com