Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Permanent role paying circa 60k
Our high technology client based in Rugby are seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to lead and drive manufacturing engineering solutions for their production facility. They are looking for an enthusiastic, driven, motivated manager who has a strong lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, culture change, six sigma, project management experience, who is really strong at processes and bringing manufacturing into the 21st century. Therefore, with strong team management / leadership experience, this is approx. 60% of the role; driving, motivating and leading a team of 8 people.
Our client is a leading designer and manufacturer of fiber lasers for use in cutting, welding and marking applications in a wide range of industries.
To lead and drive manufacturing engineering solutions for the Rugby production facility through providing highly responsive and expert day to day line management of engineers and technicians. Supporting the transfer of new processes or new products from Development to Manufacture, initial engagement will be at concept stage to ensure DFM (Design for Manufacture) and DFT (Design for Test) are integrated in the NPI process. This is a key role in the business with strong interaction across the company, including the Southampton production facility, with significant influence on the overall performance of operations.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• As part of the CW Operations Value Stream team and working closely with the Manufacturing Engineering Manager for CW Lasers in Southampton, ensure dual site manufacturing is managed effectively, efficiently and seamlessly in meeting the business goals.
• Drive continuous improvement using established lean manufacturing methodologies.
• Key member of NPI (New Product Introduction) team, driving “Design for Manufacture” and concurrently developing production capability alongside product design
• Co-ordination of day to day production support and resource balancing across NPI and a variety of production lines and cells across our manufacturing site in Rugby
• Development of new production processes & equipment to meet the ever more demanding technical requirements of the products whilst increasing both capability and throughput.
• Work with the Operations Test Development Team to ensure implemented inspection and test arrangements meet agreed manufacturing objectives
• Analyse, recommend and implement the most effective Manufacturing Engineering solutions that enable the successful completion of New Product Introductions, Cost Reduction innovations, Continuous Improvement projects and Capital Equipment expenditure so as to meet the company’s targets.
• Enforce the discipline of Engineering Change Control, Test & Defects Analysis, PDCA processes and SPC principles.
• Ensure all implementations in production meet/exceed Health & Safety requirements
• Ability to work across all departments within the business
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing production engineering, including taking a leading role in process management and NPI.
• IT literate, strong knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• The successful candidate should be able to look beyond current processes and bring benefit through alternative experience
• The ideal candidate will come from a hands-on Opto Electronics background or component manufacturing.
• Degree qualified (Engineering or Science)
• Equivalency through experience may be considered
• Self-confidence combined with strong leading & coaching skills.
• Embraces change in a rapidly moving environment
• Disciplined in fact-based debate and decision making
• Creative & innovative
• Recognised as a strong "problem solver"
• Able to balance independence with teamwork
• Able to work calmly under pressure within a busy and dynamic environment.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with all levels of the organisation.
• Has the drive and initiative to manage their own workload, able to be flexible, prioritise and deliver against deadlines with minimal supervision
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV for our review and consideration.