As the Manufacturing Engineer, you will be supporting the launch of products within the brand new assembly facility and the subsequent day to day activities associated with manufacturing engineering.
You must hold composites experience, working for an automotive OEM in a manufacturing /production engineer role.
You will also demonstrate experience working within a team to meet set KPIs within a manufacturing/production department.
The duties include but are not limited to those shown below:
- Manpower and ramp planning
- Ownership of production hours and process times
- Production of pre-production and ramp plans
- Process writing, using interlocked and error proofing process control systems for assembly operations using DC tooling & Pivotware.
- Support DFM workshops with engineering designers
- Provide general DFM guidance during the product design process
- Concern resolution activities
- Ensure departmental KPIs and deliverables are met
- Generate and update layouts of the production facility (auto cad)
- Jig and tool design
- Liaising with sub-contractors
- Ownership of contractors RAM documentation
- RFQ generation
- Specifying new equipment
- Capturing concerns
To apply for this opportunity you must be eligible to work in the UK and ability to work flexible hours, as required.
This position may require travel and the individual must hold a current passport and be willing to undertake short and long haul travel on an as required basis.