Manufacturing Assembly Operator
1 year FTC
Up to £25k + Benefits Package
Hours of work are 8.30 – 5pm (flexitime available)
Working to build & assemble the full range of company products you’ll be trying to ensure the highest level of quality standards throughout the production process.
At the forefront of subsea innovation for the last 40 years, this company is an independent manufacturing business, employing almost 300 employees worldwide. The company offers interesting engineering challenges that require complex solutions and as such staff turnover is low due to the nature of the work and the way people are treated.
• Assemble the parts of the products from PCB level through sub assembly to finished units, following engineering drawings.
• Build to wiring schedules, using appropriate meters, where required, to check assembled work.
• Highlight any specification or design error through the Cell Co-ordinators or Departmental Manager or directly with the Production Engineering team.
• Ensure all activities are completed in accordance with current Quality System procedures
• Raise the appropriate levels of non-conformance reports i.e. Observation Reports, Engineering Change requests
• Use Company IT resources such as the Intranet & ERP system in support of day-to-day activities such as part enquiries, stock search
• Able to read and interpret Engineering drawings
• Previous manufacturing assembly experience
• Proven ability to use production equipment, ie soldering irons, crimps, etc
• Surface mount experience would be desirable but not essential as In-house PCB level assembly is limited with the majority of PCB’s being externally supplied.
• IT literate
• Attention to detail
• Personal drive and enthusiasm
• Ability to work well with others
• Communication skills: Written and verbal
• Good manual dexterity
This position would suit a Production Operator who enjoys working in a modern engineering and manufacturing environment.