We are looking to recruit a Maintenance Manager to lead a team of 5 and manage the Maintenance and Facilities Department for our client in Kent. This will include the maintenance of production machinery, equipment and building facilities to a high standard whilst making sure the facility continues to run smoothly.
Over the past few years, the company has invested in moving and modernising its manufacturing capabilities in pursuit of technical excellence and as a result, they now have one of the most advanced Machine Shops in the South-East.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for leading and developing a small team of five with a strong hands-on approach
• Management of the company’s plant, equipment and facilities
• Provide a flexible and responsive maintenance service including emergency call-out cover
• Responsible for site security
• Ensure a systematic planned maintenance programme is in place
• Manage a development plan for the maintenance team
• Develop the maintenance function to drive up-time, CI & quality improvements
• To undertake electrical and mechanical fault diagnostics and repairs
• Proactively promoting a positive Safety Health and Environmental culture
• Managing and arranging the supervision of Facilities contractors
• Leading the maintenance department on new equipment/plant installation
The successful candidate will have a strong background in electrical and mechanical maintenance and should ideally come from a background where TPM has been successfully implemented.
To apply we are looking for the following:
• 18th Edition Electrical qualification & able to read electrical/mechanical drawings & schemes
• Good knowledge of fault-finding and diagnostics on PLC, CNC and PC based control systems
• Trouble shooting and maintenance experience on hydraulic and pneumatic systems
• Computer literate with the ability to use packages including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a structured, systematic approach
• Strong technical and leadership skills including the ability to build effective teams
• A natural organiser with excellent planning, scheduling and co-ordinating skills
• Significant experience in an electro-mechanical maintenance role
• Previous experience in support repair and maintenance of conventional production equipment including multi-axis CNC machines.
• Knowledge of Building Management Systems
This position would suit a Maintenance Manager who has a real desire to make a difference coupled with the resilience to see a job through. An enthusiastic can-do approach to getting things done and a willingness to go the extra mile are traits this client looks for.
There are a range of benefits as well as future development and advancement within the department and beyond.
Working hours : Mon – Thurs: 7:30am – 16:15pm & Fri: 7:30am – 12:30pm
- Discretionary Production Bonus
- 25 Days holiday
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Managed Canteen facility
- Free parking, workwear, eye tests, cycle to work scheme