We are currently recruiting a Logistics Team Leader on a permanent basis to supervise all aspects of Stores, warehousing, goods inwards and logistics. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a team of stores and logistics personnel in a warehouse and distribution area within a busy manufacturing facility. The candidate will be expected to have a genuine ‘can do’ attitude and will support their team in day-to-day tasks when needed. As well as being able to ensure that the whole logistics operation in always flowing efficiently.
Your personal and team’s responsibilities include:
• Developing Logistics processes.
• Inbound inventory receipting and locating.
• Inventory management and stock auditing with a focus on maintaining stock accuracy.
• Shipping of finished goods to a global customer base.
• Picking, packing, and shipping spare parts and kits.
• Line feeding parts from warehouse to production line.
• General housekeeping with 5S to be introduced.
• Liaising with senior management and customers with status updates.
• Managing off-site storage at 3rd party location.
Skills and Experience
• Proven, checkable experience to undertake the role.
• Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems.
• Good knowledge of both Inbound and outbound logistic best practices.
• Communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Strong Leadership qualities.
• Full, clean driving licence is essential.
• Forklift certificate a benefit.
• Careful and thorough attitude with a good work ethic.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday (flexible)
Company pension scheme, health scheme (BUPA), life cover, EAP (employee assistance programme), 20 days holiday rising to 25 days after 2 years’ service