Logistics Manager (Manufacturing industry experience required)
Circa 50k plus bens
We have a great opportunity for a Logistics Manager to manage Logistics and Stores of a manufacturing company in Rugby. You will be responsible for managing a small team of 2 - 3 people, reporting to the Head of Operations.
The role offers the opportunity for someone to come in an carryout processes development / improvement and really make some positive changes. You will be responsible for the distribution of finished lasers and to be suitable for this role you must come from a Manufacturing Logistics role. It is imperative you have that production / manufacturing logistics / distribution experience to be suitable for this role.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
• Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
• Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
• Arrange warehouse and process shipments
• Resolve any arising problems or complaints
• Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce
• Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
• Maintain metrics and analyse data to assess performance and implement improvements
• Comply with laws, regulations, Health & Safety and ISO requirements
• Hands on approach when required
Accountabilities for role include:
• Ensuring stock takes are kept extremely accurate and within our target range of % owned and any stock damages/issues to an absolute minimum
• Managing teams in various locations within the business.
• Managing key business metrics relating to planning and Order management.
• Identifying improvement areas and as such initiating & leading projects.
• Overall CAR management within the department.
• Ensuring that shipping within the business is managed within one system (in multiple locations)
• Departmental audits.
• Staff development (capacity planning, coaching and performance management)
Customer & Internal Relationships
• Develop and manage effective relationships with the sales team and all sections of operations.
• Ensuring that the Customer cycle from order through to shipping and after service is managed and developed to provide world class
• Plan appropriate cover for key staff in all sections as and when required.
• Internal: Heads of Departments; Planning, Sales team, Operations, Logistics, IT, Finance.
• External: Sales team; Third Party Logistic Providers.
• Proven working experience as a Logistics Manager
• Proven experience of project managing a transformation /improvement of a logistics department
• Record of successful distribution,shipping and logistics management
• Proven management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and development
• Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
• Strong planning skills with the ability to handle multiple projects through to completion and to manage competing priorities
• Proficient in standard logistics software (IT solutions)
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
• Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, BTec Professional Level 5 Award or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualifications
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate with external customers, suppliers and staff at all levels.
• Capable of discussing and assisting with the resolution of complex issues.
• Self motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Thorough attention to detail
• Good time management.
• Innovative and proactive self-starter
• Possess a structured and methodical ability to organize themselves
• Able to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Clear and courteous telephone manner.
• Able to work under pressure
• Ability to handle multiple tasks methodically and efficiently and meet committed timescales
• Happy to work in a dynamic environment and adaptable to changes in priorities
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review.