Lean Manufacturing Process Engineer
|Job Title:||Lean Manufacturing Process Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Feist|
|Job Published:||March 21, 2018 15:07|
Our client is a leading designer and manufacturer of fiber lasers for use in laser cutting, welding and marking applications in a wide range of industries.
The company is a lean manufacturing organisation. The successful candidate will have access to a wide variety of training, tools/methods and support within a highly open and receptive organisation, to develop their processes and demonstrate tangible business improvements.
Driving Continuous Improvement in production
• To enhance and develop processes to ensure predictability and reliability in our manufacturing environment.
• Implement measures to establish process capability and control variation to ensure long term sustainability.
• Support the transfer of new processes or new products from Development to Manufacture.
• Initial engagement will be at concept stage to ensure DFM (Design for Manufacture) and DFT (Design for Test) are inherent in the NPI process.
• Become a key implementer of SYNCHRO (TRUMPF Lean Production System)
Key Areas of Responsibility:
? Provide support to Production Lines. Day to day problem solving to maximize throughput ensuring root cause corrective actions are identified and realized.
? Work closely with the engineering and operations departments to ensure the quality and manufacturability of design meets requirements
? Be a leader of change; defining, developing and implementing improvement projects to meet agreed manufacturing objectives.
? Assist in analysing, recommending and implementing the most effective Manufacturing Engineering solutions that enable the successful completion of New Product Introductions, Cost Reduction innovations, Continuous Improvement projects and Capital Equipment expenditure so as to meet the company’s targets.
? Make use of Engineering Change procedures, Test & Defects Analysis data, PDCA processes and SPC principles.
? Support the manufacturing operations team to help ensure that production processes operate effectively and the most cost-effective and efficient working practices are utilised throughout all processes
? Assist in ensuring that standard operating procedures, work instructions, test instructions and control plans are clearly defined, documented and communicated by the best available methods.
? Assist in the Training of operators on new products, processes and equipment.
? Report on project status and budgetary issues to the Management Team as required.
? Project manage and champion Manufacturing Engineering projects as required.
? Carry out risk assessments on new or changed manufacturing equipment, processes or procedures.
• Ability to work across all departments within the business
• A minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing engineering support role, including taking a leading role in process management.
• IT literate, strong knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• The successful candidate should be able to look beyond current processes and bring benefit through alternative experience
• While they may have spent time in a development role, experience in a manufacturing support role is essential, as is a strong manufacturing mentality.
• The ideal candidate will have strong Lean Manufacturing background and come from a hands-on Opto-Electronics background.
• Degree qualified in an appropriate engineering or science discipline, or demonstrably equivalent through experience and alternative technical qualifications
• Hard working and well organised
• Capable of structured problem solving with a flash of innovation when required.
• Will be able to hit the ground running, lead change and develop new ways of working through collaboration in a multi functional environment.
• Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing with the ability to discuss complex issues with staff at all levels.
• Self motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Adaptable, able to multi task in a change oriented environment
• Creative and innovative, seeking ways to continuously improve processes
• Thorough attention to detail
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's