Lead Test Engineer
£40,000 - £45,000
Our client is a leading designer and manufacturer of fiber lasers for use in cutting, welding and marking applications in a wide range of industries. They are seeking a Lead Test Engineer of a team of 2-3 people from an electronics manufacturing background with experience of Automated test equipment and process design and implementation.
This is a hands-on role with opportunity to lead a small team supporting manufacturing cells with their product and component test requirements.
As the Lead Test Engineer on the Rugby site you will be supporting the Test Engineering Manager in planning projects, resourcing them and setting priorities. In this position you be required to drive the team to achieve milestones and deliverable dates on the test kit projects to meet the businesses production objectives. You will also be responsible for the day to day task management of the team to meet those objectives.
Working with the Test Engineering team in Southampton, R&D and Manufacturing Engineering departments you will also be taking a lead role in implementing and maintaining a variety of test equipment solutions for TGBL’s manufacturing lines.
The test equipment is used to test our laser products to a specification in a safe and productive manner. You will need to use innovation and knowledge to develop test processes in line with the business requirements.
This role is based in Rugby with occasional travel to Southampton.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Support Test Engineering Manager and report on project and task progression, highlighting issues and coming up with solutions.
• Dealing with day to day task management issues in the Test Engineering function.
• Leading the team to meet targets on test kit deliverables within agreed timescales.
• Work with test development engineers from R&D and engineers within our own team to introduce new test equipment to the manufacturing line.
• Understanding of test software to support automated test, debugging and V&V.
• Build and commissioning of new test equipment. This include documentation.
• Maintenance and upgrade of existing test equipment where needed.
• Use statistical analysis to ensure that correct test limits are being used.
• Support production when a product fails test for a non-dispositional reason.
• Ensuring document revision control of software and hardware in line with quality system.
• Automated test equipment and process design and implementation.
• Innovative approach to test development and problem solving.
• Development and maintenance of manufacturing test equipment.
• Knowledge of machine safety and doing risk assessments.
• Experience of version control of documents and software.
• Electronic experience of circuits and wiring for data acquisition hardware.
• Data processing using tools, analysing results and presentation.
• Excellent IT skills.
• Leadership of a small team of experienced engineers.
• Product fault finding experience and innovation in developing methods of testing for these faults.
• Data processing, data base query and presenting the data analysis.
• SQL programming skills.
• Knowledge of SPC and machine monitoring.
• Industrial laser usage or laser test experience.
Qualifications: Good standard HND or Degree in Electronic Engineering, Optoelectronics, Physics or related discipline. Equivalent experience will be taken into consideration.
• Ability to work in high pressure production and engineering environments where meeting agreed timescales is key and flexible to deal with day to day production test issues.
• Highly motivated with the ability to work across multiple tasks methodically and efficiently and meet committed timescales.
• Happy to work in a dynamic environment and adaptable to changes in priorities.
• Excellent Interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully integrate into multidisciplinary and cross functional teams.
• Hands-on with creative approach to problem solving and the ability to translate engineering requests into working solutions
To apply please send an MS Word formatted of your CV for our review and consideration.