This is a really nice opportunity for a Lead/Senior Development Engineer to join a growing design and manufacturing company in the Portsmouth area. This company recently received major investment and have secured one of their biggest projects to date. They are now keen to recruit a Development Engineer who can take the technical lead in a team of 9 Design & Development Engineers. It’s a busy but professional engineering and manufacturing environment.
As Lead Development Engineer you’ll be responsible for the design, development and implementation of engineering solutions for novel production equipment and products. Most importantly you will be the type of engineer who loves solving complex problems and use your engineering skills to find a solution. You will be highly capable of both getting into the complex engineering detail and standing back and seeing the bigger ‘System Engineering’ picture.
We are looking for an organised, level headed person who has great communication skills. Being able to weigh up all the factors, delegate and make good decisions will be second nature to you.
To apply for this opportunity you should be able to demonstrate:
• Experienced in solving complex engineering challenges.
• An engineer expert in electro mechanical equipment and automation
• Working in the areas of bespoke product or machine design and processes for
manufacture in industrial environments
• Strong theoretical and practical background that you can apply to a wide range of problems
• CAD skills (preferably Solid Works) and knowledge of part design and manufacturing
• Experience in developing processes as well as the physical solutions.
• Knowledge in interfacing the different engineering disciplines
• Creating and managing specifications, Bill of Materials, pFMEA, risk assessments and
• process documents
• Proven skills in effectively working in and leading teams of engineers, manufacturing
engineers and technicians
• Experienced in managing external partners and manufacturers to realise? your
specifications or designs
• Working understanding of the regulations on machine design (CE, machinery directive)
• Project Management Skills.
• A graduate with a first class or upper second class degree in Engineering (or related
• Close integration with drives, sensors, control and electronics
• Experience in large size, high precision, bespoke machinery
• Materials, ideally working with composites
• Product and Manufacturing quality control approaches and methods
• Tape/web handling systems
This opportunity would suit an experienced Engineer who is passionate about engineering & is able to lead others; loves solving complex problems and is interested in designing automated machinery for high volume production. This could also suit Development Managers who are still working in a hands on capacity. This is a young and dynamic company on the verge of serious growth.
• Bonus – up to 10%
• Company Pension Scheme
• Private Health Insurance for family
• 25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
• Free parking