Leading science and R&D company is seeking a proven hands-on Lead / Principle Software Engineer in a newly created and exciting senior role.
We are ideally seeking an individual who will bring their proven ability and expertise in software engineering to ensure the quality of the numerical tools underpinning the company’s approach.
We are looking for someone with a broad understanding and expertise in software engineering best practises, code design, and performance optimisation. You must be able to use that knowledge, in collaboration with theoretical and numerical physicists and engineers, to provide leadership and guidance to other software engineers and scientists within the team.
This is a new line-management position, but hands-on development work will also be expected. In addition to software development tasks, the responsibilities of the team members reporting to you include software quality assurance, continuous integration, code deployment, data management, and ad hoc technical support to the wider team.
Ideal proven ability:
• Demonstrated experience of leadership in software engineering of complex systems
• A proven track record in providing robust software design that is straight-forward for other developers to work with
• Expert level C++
• Experience designing software for distributed high-performance computing platforms
• Experience of successful personnel management
• Experience of physics-based (including game or animation physics) software development
• A deep understanding of software engineering best practise and testing methodologies
• A willingness to promote high coding standards across the numerical physics team
• A proven track record of successfully planning and executing software development projects
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills