3 months ago
Salary / Rate:
£competitive (dependent on proven ability) + bens
Automotive engineering consultancy is seeking a Senior Development Engineer who can take-on a Lead / Principal Engineer role. You will have the opportunity to work-on some leading high-performance powertrain electrification programmes.
Prior experience of powertrain electrification would be highly beneficial but not essential. More important is your proven ability in powertrain development and the ability to lead the team.
You will manage all phases of technical projects, overseeing the products or projects conception, design and initial product specifications
• Manage and develop a team of Development and/or Design Engineers working together with chief engineers
• Work with chief engineers to deliver technical solutions
• Responsible for resource planning and working with the Manager / Directors / Chief engineers to recruit and develop the skills and competences of team.
• Develop future technical innovation roadmaps and prove out concepts ready for main program implementation.
• Draft and execute construction contracts, track project progress and keep costs under control.
• Conduct engineering studies and investigations, and prepare reports.
• Help to train new engineers and keep abreast of industry trends and issues.
• On-going identification of opportunities to reduce complexity, cost and waste.
• Assis with maintaining the development of quality and validation processes
• Support the sales teams in the development of marketing opportunities Inc. shows, press releases, blogs.
• Any other tasks that are reasonably assigned to you by your line manager, including development activities, which are within your capability and grade