Lead Power Electronics Engineer - Tech Business - Motors & Power Systems
|Job Title:||Lead Power Electronics Engineer - Tech Business - Motors & Power Systems|
|Salary:||£competitive (dependent on proven ability) + bonus + bens|
|Contact Name:||Paul Frisby|
|Job Published:||June 17, 2019 12:23|
Global tech innovator is offering an exciting opportunity to work on the research of ‘Next Generation EV technology & applications’. We are seeking a proven Lead Power Electronics Engineer to the Tech Research division.
Skills and experience
• In depth knowledge and experience in the design and development of motor drives / inverters / SMPS / power electronics products.
• Detailed understanding of device characteristics specifically IGBTs, MOSFETs and emerging technologies in in real-world applications.
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to communicate to a wide range of audiences including senior management.
• Circuit simulation and analysis expertise (e.g. SiMetrix, SPICE or Matlab)
• Experience with PCB/schematic tools.
• Proven ability to design products for compliance with worldwide EMC/EMI standards.
• Knowledge and experience of thermal management.
• Able to provide technical direction.
Role and responsibilities
• Take technical responsibility for the power electronic content of a number of projects across a different product categories ensuring their successful delivery.
• Actively identify technical risks within projects and drive their resolution.
• Challenge where appropriate and develop best practice and process improvement across the business.
• Act as a subject matter expert across the business and multiple projects
• Develop and train others either within their own or the wider team.
• Opportunity for line management responsibilities
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's