Founded in 2019, we are building electric trucks specifically to be used in and around cities and urban areas. The company’s ambition is to remove tailpipe emissions, reduce city pollution, and completely redesign the vehicle to make it significantly safer – for drivers as well as pedestrians and cyclists.
We are a small and tight knit team wanting to work with those who share our passion, our values and our drive to make city centres safer and cleaner.
You will take charge of developing, co-ordinating and collating all the electrical test and validation requirements across all systems and commodities. Lead a team of electrical technicians to design, plan, procure and commission all electrical test assets and support vehicle level builds including root cause analysis and reworks throughout the pre-production build phases.
The scope of this will include a centralised approach to the verification and validation program from concept to end of production life for all systems owned by the electrical and controls team. You will establish a comprehensive list of all test requirements and the associated rigs, mules, vehicles and other platforms necessary to service the entire development program alongside the engineering content owners. This will be used to plan and bring online all test assets to support the engineering team.
• Responsibility to lead the electrical test plan working with all engineering commodity owners to establish the requirements at all phases of the program
• Establish the required assets and externalresource to undertake and execute the electrical test plan and manage the procurement, build and allocation throughout the development program
• Identify and lead the selection of all external test facilities and equipment to deliver the validation plan
• Support all aspects of the development life cycle including requirements, regulatory standards, attribute definition, FMEA, and DVP with a focus on developing the complete test place
• Develop functional Bill of Materials for all non vehicle rigs/bucks and work with Purchasing colleagues to nominate key suppliers and track parts into support the build and commissioning as required by the plan
• Plan and control delivery to meet product and project targets for the entire test plan covering the electrical and control system needs and working alongside the engineers and test teams
• Develop the necessary interface requirements to extract all relevant information and define the KPI reporting necessary to plan, track and manage the validation program
• Identify and establish any processes and tools required to perform the role with a focus on collaboration and integration as part of a matrix organisation
Qualifications and Experience
• 5 years+ experience within the test and validation of automotive electrical products
• Ideally managed a team of technicians
• University degree in a relevant engineering topic preferable but not required
• Good understanding of vehicle architectures and functionality
• Hands-on approach to engineering, practical and enthusiastic
• Strong communication skills and fluent in English
• Strong team leadership and interpersonal skills, cross cultural understanding, organizing and coordinating ability
• Ability to drive and complete tasks independently, task oriented and high attention to detail
• Ability to work in a complex and ambiguous environment
• Positive and passionate, good team player