Lead Engineer CAE Structure
£up to £70,000
Our Automotive OEM in Norfolk is seeking a Lead Engineer CAE Structure to join their CAE department leading a team of CAE Engineers.
Duties / Responsibilities:
Primary purpose of the role is to perform stiffness, strength and durability analysis to support the companies and external client projects. When required, to lead a CAE team to deliver simulation support to a vehicle project.
As a member of the Structure team the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering relevant analysis results to support the development of projects for the company and external clients. The successful candidate will work with the design teams to ensure vehicle, system and component targets are met from the concept stage through to detailed design and to physical test support and correlation.
• Delivery of accurate, timely and directional analysis results.
• Model build, analysis, results interrogation, interpretation and recommendation .
• Support design process using stiffness, strength and durability analysis at appropriate level of detail for improving component, system or vehicle performance to meet targets.
• Development of simulation material models from test data and material data sheets
• Presentation of CAE results and recommendations to cross-functional audience up to director level
• Report writing
• Leadership of sub-teams on vehicle projects responsible for delivery of all CAE activities to support Project timing and budget. This may also include overseeing outsourced activities and will also include overseeing other analysis types such as crash analysis.
• Contribution towards the development and delivery of the department's strategic goals
• Proficient data retention practices for CAE data and documentation
Qualifications and Experience
• Stiffness/Strength/Durability analysis on at least 4 major projects at OEM or Tier 1 level from concept to production. Experience of different material types (eg metallic, composite and adhesive)
• Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent
• Highly proficient at using Altair Hypermesh and or MSC Patran, MSC/Nastran, MSC/Marc and MSC/fatigue or similar.
• Capability to think in 3D and use of classical methods.
• Proficient in the use of MS/Office tools - Word/Excel/Powerpoint
• Automotive OEM or Tier 1 employment.
• Adaptable, team player, self motivated and good leadership qualities
• Knowledge of the attributes and challenges of analysing multi-material vehicle structures including riv-bonded aluminium, composite and steel structures.
• Understanding of vehicle test instrumentation. Powertrain stiffness/durability analysis experience.
• Component and vehicle crash analysis
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review and consideration.