Situated between the DSP, Hardware and Software teams, this role acts as a bridge between them, consulting and working on issues surrounding all areas of DSP development. Focussed primarily on the integration of an external DSP into a complete system, this role requires working with all teams to explore solutions to issues while also managing workflow and validating the performance and stability of the system. This involves liaising with external partners as the face of the DSP team as well as teams within R&D.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Create and maintain functions to initialise and control the DSP from the system on chip
• Integrate DSP code into the main system
• Highlight software and hardware issues within the audio chain and help to find a solution
• Act as the main point of contact with the project teams to the DSP team
• Manage github repos pertinent to the DSP integration
• Manage DSP workflow; assess priorities, ensure deadlines and requirements are met
• Investigate and develop new technologies to improve the performance and effectiveness of the systems
• Build and maintain relationships with external technical partners.
• Degree in Electronic Engineering or Computer Science – preferably with experience with audio systems
• Experience with high and low level programming languages – Matlab, python, Java, C etc.
• Experience using development electronics
• Knowledge of Linux systems
• Knowledge of embedded system interaction
This position would suit an engineer who likes varied work, is open minded, likes experimenting to solving problems and able to work at both the systems and component level. You’ll need to be outgoing and happy work with others as some of the time you’ll be developing solutions collaboratively. This is a hands on role and you’ll need to be interested in both electronics and software technologies.
Benefits package includes:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 Days + Bank Holidays
• Pension (5% employee, 5% employer)
• Life assurance
• Discounted products
• Free food