7 days ago
Salary / Rate:
Circa 50 - 55k plus bens
Principal Control Electronics Engineer
Circa £50,000 - £55,000 plus bens
Our client is a leading designer and manufacturer of fiber lasers for use in laser cutting, welding and marking applications in a wide range of industries. They are seeking a Principal Control Electronics Engineer to join their electronics engineering team, to lead the design and development of the safety and control electronics solutions.
This would suit a hands on Senior level Engineer with strong hardware electronics experience seeking a new role whereby they can mentor junior engineers (no man management) and be part of a small team working on various industry products in a technical cross functional interaction role.
As a key member of the electronics engineering team, this role will lead the design and development of the safety and control electronics solutions used in the company’s broad range of laser products. The successful applicant will act as a focus for the control team though the full engineering lifecycle from design and development to prototyping, verification and validation prior to leading certification work in preparation for transfer into full product release.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Leading the team in the specification, design and development of control electronics and firmware from concept through to production.
• Design and development of control electronics for safety systems (EN13849 / EN60204)
• Design and development of medical electronics to IEC60601
• To include detailed firmware, software and control electronics design, simulation, testing, troubleshooting and manufacturing documentation for the following:
• STM32 Microcontrollers
• ALTERA FPGAs (Cyclone series) and CPDLs (Max series)
• Development Environment Quartus II
• Development Language VHDL
• C and C++ for embedded design
• Realtime Operating Systems (RTOS) – Analog Devices Visual Display Kernel
Several years of experience as a lead / principal design and development engineer within some of the following disciplines:
• Safety electronics design and specification
• Control electronics design and specification
• ALTERA FPGAs and Embedded NIOS II cores
• C & C++ for embedded design
• Embedded STM32 micro-controllers
• Medical electronics design and specification
• Power electronics design and implementation
• Complex high speed control systems (MHz)
• Laser based products
• Interaction with industrial power electronics
• Schematic capture using CADSTAR
• Analogue, Digital and EMC design
• Communications protocols RS232/485, CANBUS, I2C, SPI, Ethernet, PROFINET, ETHERCAT
• UK driving license
• Strong Degree or Masters in Electronic Engineering
• Ability to lead and manage a complicated portfolio of work packages methodically and efficiently and meet committed timescales
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and adaptable to changes in priorities
• Hands-on, creative approach to problem solving with the ability to translate engineering requests into cost effective and robust industrial solutions
• Strong customer focus
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review and consideration.