2 months ago
Salary / Rate:
£60,000 - £65,000
Principal Control Electronics Engineer
Southampton OR Rugby
Salary - Good market rates / negotiable in line with experience
Our client is a leading designer and manufacturer of fiber lasers for use in laser cutting, welding and marking applications in a wide range of industries. They are seeking a Principal Control Electronics Engineer to join their electronics engineering team, to lead the design and development of the safety and control electronics solutions. This is a broad role responsible for the whole electronics board design as well as all the software.
This would suit a Senior level Engineer with strong hardware and software electronics experience seeking a new role whereby they can mentor junior engineers (no man management) and be part of a small team working on various industry products including medical in a role where there is still a decent element of technical involvement themselves. Taking responsibility for being the technical lead of the control electronics function, allocating work packages and carrying out upfront compliance work / design, design for safety, systems development, EMC and DFM. Therefore, a real hands on broad leadership role.
As a pivotal member of the electronics engineering team, this role will lead the design and development of the control electronics, safety and compliance solutions used in the company’s broad range of fiber laser products. The successful applicant will act as a focus for the control electronics team though the full engineering lifecycle from design and development to prototyping, verification and validation prior to leading certification work in preparation for transfer into full product release.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Leading the electronics team in the specification, design and development of control electronics solutions including:
• Design, simulation and testing
• Embedded firmware for microcontrollers and FPGA based control systems
• Product safety and compliance
• Definition and support of the verification and validation requirements of control electronics for new product developments
• Creation and maintenance of project documentation, including transfer of new products, test requirements and processes from Development to Manufacturing
Several years of experience as a lead design and development engineer in a hi-tech manufacturing environment, ideally with additional experience in:
• Complex high speed control systems (MHz)
• Analogue, Digital and EMC design
• FPGA and microcontrollers
• Industrial Communications protocols
• Industrial power electronics design and implementation
• Schematic capture and layout design using CADSTAR
• Strong Degree or Masters in Electronic Engineering
• Ability to lead and manage a complicated portfolio of work packages methodically and efficiently and meet committed timescales
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and adaptable to changes in priorities
• Hands-on, creative approach to problem solving with the ability to translate engineering requests into cost effective and robust industrial solutions
• Strong customer focus
• Demonstrates perseverance and drive.
• Ability to understand and influence complex processes.
• Innovative and proactive self-starter.
As the company has two UK sites this role can either be based at Southampton, Hampshire or Rugby, Warwickshire.
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review and consideration.