Our client is an Automotive business that develops Electric Performance & High-Performance cars. They have recently set up a new UK facility in Coventry and are working on New Electric Vehicle Projects.
We are looking for a Lead Buyer with at least 10 years international purchasing experience to work in close collaboration with R&D and the global purchasing teams.
As a member of that team, you will plan and implement the sourcing activities of early engineering development projects and new vehicle projects, maintaining frequent supplier contacts on a daily business level and consolidating global strategy.
You will hold managerial experience, preferably in a Global environment, to be responsible for local leadership of a small team of dedicated buyers, including both direct material and indirect material, this role will report directly to Senior Purchasing Manager based in Europe and on a day to day alignment and business report to the head of R&D locally.
If you’re a global purchasing expert with background experience across Aluminium Structures and have experience working on low volume projects, this could be the next opportunity for you…
- Lead procurement team located in UK as deputy manager regionally
- Strive for procurement organization development and process setup for regional business sufficiency.
- Collaborate with R&D for projects and act as main contact for all commercial issues towards suppliers
- Develop sourcing strategies, carry out market test analysis and benchmarking studies, developing global supplier base strategically
- Actively lead sourcing activities to ensure implementation of sourcing strategy and engineering development work
- Support project team to drive resolution and action plans on supplier issues
- Coordinate cross functional teams within Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing to secure the deliverable of project.
- Collaborate with purchasing teams to utilize strategies to maximize corporate synergies.
- Drive continuous improvement activities within purchasing and suppliers
You'll demonstrate good understanding about cost structure, with fact based negotiation, analytical and problem solving skills
You’ll be a strong communicator & fluent in English, that is positive and passionate, with a “nothing is impossible mind-set” and equally be a good team player.