Working within a Research and Development environment you will be responsible for all aspects of product development; overseeing Industrial design, Mechanical design, Acoustics, Transducer design, EE, DSP etc. right through to manufacturing. Product development requires a fast-accurate pace and tight deadlines & this role is to lead the teams existing DSP engineers in taking products to market. As a Lead DSP Engineer you’ll need a cross-discipline engineering skillset covering both software and hardware development, with the ability to lead from the front. The main focus of the role is to:
The main goals of the role are to:
o Develop DSP algorithms, embedded DSP code, tools and processes for use in live projects.
o Design, maintain, and implement core audio DSP algorithms and control software.
o Confirm and insure QoS of the inter-chip communication (i2c, i2s TDM etc.) at numerous hardware build stages throughout a project cycle.
o Articulate long-term technology strategy for signal processing in collaboration with other critical teams.
• Managing and defining research objectives within the team.
o Managing DSP deployment with business partners (e.g. Automotive, TVs etc.).
o Presenting research to wider teams.
o Outlining and conducting research projects.
o Researching DSP improvements for all areas of the business.
• Track and organise workload of the DSP engineers in the team, contributing to:
o Design, test & release DSP code for integration in products.
o Design individual/custom processing functions & algorithms (filters, dynamic processing, etc.).
o Work with the wider team to investigate new algorithms and architectures.
o The long-term signal processing R&D strategy.
o Develop & maintain coding strategies, internal standards & procedures in collaboration with the wider team.
To apply for this position we are looking for:
• Bachelors/Masters degree in a relevant field.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the audio industry.
• Knowledge of audio signal processing with theoretical and real-time DSP experience.
• Understanding of DSP theory: Filtering, sampling, crossover design & dynamic signal processing etc.
• Experience designing, developing, maintaining and debugging signal processing algorithms.
• Experience with assembly language for real-time audio processing.
• Experience with Embedded DSP code (Assembly, C)
• Experience with prototyping and scripting languages (MATLAB, Python, Bash)
• Experience operating electronic test equipment such as audio analysers, oscilloscopes, multimeters, etc.
• People management experience
• Experience working in a Linux or Unix development environment.
• Ability to read and understand electronics schematics and layouts.
• Familiarity with real-time audio prototyping tools such as Max/MSP.
• Familiarity with sound recording/editing software tools, audio measurement tools.
• Experience of software version control: Git, SVN.
Due to the international nature of this company, you may be asked to travel from time to time to places like the USA, China or Europe.
This position would suit an engineer looking for a leadership role whilst retaining a hands on development role. You’ll need to be interested in working on new product activities from the concept stage.
Benefits package includes:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 Days + Bank Holidays
• Pension (5% employee, 5% employer)
• Life assurance
• Discounted products
• Free food