- Company bonus scheme
- 27 days annual leave
- Life assurance.
- Free on-site gym with regular fitness classes (subject to membership availability)
- Two on-site cafés which cater to a variety of tastes.
27 days ago
Salary / Rate:
£60-75k + Excellent Package
This role sits within the Interiors team of our automotive function and plays a pivotal role in delivering our vision. We're looking for a Lead Development Engineer who can help shape and form detailed design and product development interiors for audio and lighting specifically.
Our client has begun work on a battery electric vehicle – that’s no secret. It has remained their ambition to solve the worldwide problem of air pollution for nearly 30 years. Now that they have the ability to bring all their technologies together into a single product, they are able to solve this problem at the source.
For now, it’s all about finding the right people to make it all happen for 2020.
Here's the spec...
• Shape, form and detail the design concept and layout. Ensure concept is carried thru design details into product delivery.
• Ensure robust, innovation engineering design is implemented and integrated thru all level of the product commodity.
• Take ownership for and drive the resolution of issues.
• Manage and monitor engineering deliverables.
• Deliver designs that meet/exceed targets for audio and lighting to include concepts, feasibility, packaging, clearance zones, mass, performance, safety, legislation, and quality on time.
• Drive the “engineering design to cost principles” and process.
• Develop and deliver the Audio and Lighting program commodity timing plan from concept to J1.
• Liaise with all stake holders and key interfaces as appropriate at all level of the organisation.
• Generate, collate and monitor budgets relating to piece cost, tooling and ER&D.
• Manage robust change management thru the commodity.
• Manage risk and opportunities.
• Generate risk and issue management at commodity level, Drive identification of risks and issues, record consistently, co – ordinated, risk mitigation, escalate as required.
• Own and develop DVP test plan at commodity level and negotiate. Monitor and deliver on time the DVP completion to program timing.
• Develop commodity level DFMEA. Establish clear boundary diagram interfaces and feed into system level DMEA. Ensure DFEMA is implemented into design.
• Design for manufacturing principles to be adopted and implemented into the design
• Draft and issue product design specification for the commodity.
• Proven experience in either the field of Audio or Lighting.
• Ability to liaise directly with suppliers and challenge design concepts, thinking and processes.
• Have the vison to deliver from a blank sheet of paper.
• Ability to deliver innovative product solutions.
• Thrives on detail.
• High level of tenacity and drive to deliver in a challenging environment.
• Ability to manage and arbitrate difficult situations across function.
• Experience of complex product launches – Concept to launch.
• Understanding of PPAP process and deliverables.
• Ability to competently present at executive management level.
• Self-starter, motivated and driven to be successful and succeed.
• Ability to meet project timescales.
• Able to work as a team and integrate whilst challenging.
• Ability to resolve issues independently.
• Present finding in a concise, accurate, detailed way.
• Hands on user of Microsoft office, project, Visio, Share point, PLM.
• Ideally experience of working in a major interior first tier supplier or an OEM environment.
• A degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline or equivalent.
Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.